FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For lodge hops please be advised there is a strict luggage weight restriction of 20kg per person in soft bags only. Storage space in a light aircraft is limited as the aircraft are, generally speaking smaller than a typical airliner. As a result we have much smaller luggage holds which results in weight and size limitations and the pilot may refuse to take on bulky or excessive luggage. The most common aircraft types used for the lodge hops are the Cessna C206 or Cessna C208. Remember that the charter pilot has the final say in terms of taking the luggage and you will be responsible for costs should your luggage need to be forwarded for you.
For Private Charter – please refer to our luggage restriction as per individual quote and aircraft type.
All passengers travelling on our Odie Air shuttle flights are entitled to one free piece of checked luggage and one small carry on item. Please see below details for checked in bags.
- SOFT (all-sides) luggage / duffel bags with no rigid sides (flexible bags being made of pliable material)
- Maximum luggage weight is 20kg/44lbs (in the hold)
- Luggage size is 40cm (16 inches) wide x 30cm (12 inches) high x 60cm (24 inches) long
- Should your luggage exceed the above limitations, we will NOT BE ABLE to load it. Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport do offer storage facilities at a minimal cost. Excess luggage remains the responsibility of the affected passenger at all times.
- Oversized luggage cannot be carried on your lap. Your safety is our first priority and unsecured object inside the cabin are hazardous.